I suffer from severe tinnitus.
I want to cure my tinnitus, but I want to know what I can do myself.
I would like you to try the muscle relaxation method.
Muscle Relaxation Technique is a do-it-yourself tinnitus treatment.
As the name suggests, muscle relaxation is a way to loosen tense muscles and relieve tension.
Let's take a closer look at how to do it.
The treatment of tinnitus is summarized in "Treatment for tinnitus varies depending on the cause Summary of treatment methods".
Please refer to it.
Muscle Relaxation Overview
Muscle relaxation is a method of taking tension out of muscles and relaxing them. In English, it is called progressive muscle relaxation.
Therefore, it is also called relaxation therapy.
It can be effective when tinnitus is caused by poor blood flow due to muscle tension in the neck and shoulders, for example.
This method should be tried by all those who have tinnitus due to stiff shoulders or posture.
How to do the muscle relaxation method
The muscle relaxation method is a method of relaxing a tense area by repeatedly putting all your strength into the area and then relaxing it immediately.
In the case of tinnitus, the muscles in the shoulders and neck are often tense, so let's look at the shoulders and neck.
Relaxing the shoulders
In the case of the shoulders, close the sides.
Then, raise your shoulders up so that they are close to your ears with all your strength.
Hold this position for a few seconds (about 5 seconds).
Then, relax your shoulders.
Repeat 3-5 times.
Relax your neck
Pull back the chin and tense the back of the neck.
Hold that position for a few seconds (about 5 seconds).
- Acoustic therapy is a treatment to relieve severe tinnitus by listening to sound
- Don’t be overly anxious about tinnitus! Psychotherapy (counseling) can improve symptoms.
- What is TRT therapy? A therapy that trains you to get used to tinnitus
- How to cure tinnitus and hearing sensitivity by improving your constitution with Chinese herbal medicine
- What is masker therapy? A treatment that uses noise to mask the sound of tinnitus.
- Easy ear massage for headaches and tinnitus